Pro golfers know being unprepared can quickly ruin their game. So, whether you’re a seasoned player, or an amateur headed out for your first round, we’ve put together a list of golf bag essentials that will make you look like a pro.
Of course, there are some obvious items, such as a minimum of six balls, at least a dozen tees, ball markers, one golf glove, and a driver adjustment tool.
You also need two towels, one for your clubs and one for your pocket. We found one with an integrated magnet so you can lay it down and grab it with your club after you flush your approach shot or drain your birdie putt.
So, here’s our breakdown of the less obvious things every golfer needs in their golf bag.
- An insulated water bottle to help you stay hydrated all day Pack a high-protein snack that won’t spoil if you forget and leave it in your bag
Prepare for the weather:
- A lightweight waterproof jacket works double duty for rain or temperature drops.
- Extra socks because wearing wet socks is miserable
- A decent umbrella will keep you on course if rain intrudes on your game. We like this one from G4Free
- A waterproof baggie to keep your wallet, phone, or other valuables dry
- Handwarmer packs will keep your hands warm on cold days
- A wool cap for cold days is a must
- Lip balm with SPF
- Bug repellant
- PlayMakar Power Gel for pain relief on the go. This powerful roll-on will help you going when tendonitis or other aches and pains kick in
- PlayMakar MVP Massager will get your muscles loose and keep them that way throughout the course
- A good range finder to know your distance to the pin and to hazards on the course
- Keep the tunes going on the cart with a portable Bluetooth speaker
- Cash (small bills) for tipping or placing wagers with your buddies
- Bottle opener so you can pop the top on your cold beer at the end of the course
- A koozie to keep your beer or soft drinks cold and your hands dry. Make it fun with one that represents your alma mater or favorite team
Be sure to print this list of golf bag essentials and spend few minutes organizing your golf bag before heading out for your next round.